Most rides are organized through the mailing list, but big rides often go on the calendar and there are a number of recurring local rides that happen almost continually throughout the year. For details, join the mailing list to see what the route is this week, check weather cancellations, etc.
- Sunday Social Ride: a slow-paced (10-13 mph) social ride of 15 to 30 miles. Most every Sunday at 2 PM from early spring to late fall. Contact Jon Dubovsky.
- Wednesday Social Ride: a slow-paced (10-13 mph) social ride of 15 to 25 miles. Most every Wednesday at 5:30 PM from early spring to late fall. Contact Geoff Knobl.
- Daybreak Ramble: 6:15 AM Tuesday morning loop; 14 mph, give or take, with occasional regrouping; 20 miles of moderately hilly terrain at 1600 ft of climbing. Contact Jim Kline.
- Wednesday Worlds: a fast ride run by Virginia Tech Cycling Team. Wednesdays at 5:30 or 6:00 PM. Coordinated through their listserv.
- Wednesday Pandapas Ride: led by Malcolm Laing. Occasionally the ride moves to Mountain Lake, etc., so check the calendar for details.
- Thursday Pandapas Ride: run by the Virginia Tech Cycling Team. Thursdays at 5:30 PM. Coordinated through their listserv.
Big Yearly Events
There are a number of favorite big rides that happen every year. Some of these are run by the NRVBA and some are run by other groups or bike clubs.
- Spring Up Wolf Creek - Road. Early May. Sponsored by the Narrows Lions Club
- Wilderness Road Ride - Road. Memorial Day weekend Saturday
- Mountains of Misery - Road. Memorial Day weekend Sunday. "A challenging bike ride for dedicated road cyclists through the heart of southwest Virginia. The annual timed event features century and double-metric century options - both ending in a tough, four-mile 12%–16% graded climb to the finish."
- Artie Levin Memorial Century - Road. Late June. Run by the Blue Ridge Bicycle Club.
- Burke's Garden Century - Road. Century or metric century. On move-in weekend at Virginia Tech. Run by the NRVBA. This is one of the easiest and prettiest centuries around and is a great excuse to get out of town during the business of VT move-in. Includes a great lunch stop in the middle in Burke's Garden.
- Tour de Wolf Creek - Road. Early October. Sponsored by the Narrows Lions Club.
- Tour de Bland - Road. Early October. Routes from 5 km to 100 miles.
- Rowdy Dawg - MTB. Late October.